[spacer height="30px"]

England & Wales have the same licensing Act this is known as the licensing Act 2003. To sell alcohol in a pub, shop, bar or restaurant you require a premises licence and a personal licence holder who is named on the premises licence as the acting Designated premises Supervisor (DPS).

To gain a personal licence you are required by law to undertake training on the licensing Act 2003. This legal qualification is known as the Award for Personal Licence Holders (APLH) level 2.

Once you have taken a one day licensing law course and passed your exam you can then apply for a personal licence which will allow you sell or authorise sales of alcohol or become the Designated premises Supervisor (DPS) on a premises licence.

Once granted a personal licence is valid indefinitely. 

[spacer height="30px"]